Sunday is Father's Day, the day we pay tribute to dad. Here are five facts on the holiday to impress your dad with:
1. The first Father's Day celebration officially began on June 19, 1910, in Spokane, Wash.
2. Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in June in over 50 countries around the world.
3. In 1966, President Lyndon B. Johnson made an official proclamation that Father’s Day would be recognized on the third Sunday of June but it did not become a national holiday until President Richard Nixon signed it into law in 1972.
4. Father's Day is the fourth-biggest day for sending greeting cards, according to the Greeting Card Association.
5. In Germany, Father’s Day is the one day of the year when fathers are officially allowed to drink all day at beer gardens.