News Releases & Statements
InterBev Beverage Innovation Awards Judging Panel Announced
June 16, 2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ABA Press Office
FoodBev Media/Bill Bruce
+44 (0) 1225 327857
INTERBEV BEVERAGE INNOVATION AWARDS JUDGING PANEL ANNOUNCED
WASHINGTON, D.C./ALEXANDRIA, VA./BATH, U.K. - The American Beverage Association (ABA), International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) and FoodBev Media today announced the prestigious panel of judges for the inaugural InterBev 2010 Beverage Innovation Awards, which will recognize new ideas and best practices in every sector of the American beverage industry.
The Beverage Innovation Awards Judging Panel will be chaired by Bill Bruce, editorial director for FoodBev Media. Panel members include: Dean Bellefleur, president of D-idea; Ross Colbert, managing director of M&A Americas at Zenith International; Larry Hobbs, executive director of the International Society of Beverage Technologists; Claire Phoenix, managing editor of Beverage Innovation magazine; Dyfed "Fred" Richards, executive creative director of InterBrand; Bill Sipper, chief operating officer of New Leaf Brands; and James S. Tonkin, principal of HealthyBrandBuilders and Tonkin Consulting. In addition, Beverage Innovation Awards sponsors will have representatives on the judging panel, which will be announced at a future date.
The esteemed panel will bring diverse perspectives on the beverage industry to this inaugural awards program:
• As editorial director of FoodBev Media Group, judging panel Chairman Bill Bruce is responsible for the company's magazine portfolio, contract publishing activities and awards programs.
• Dean Bellefleur, president of consulting practice D-idea, has more than two decades of international experience, including with Tetra Pak, and holds a particular interest in the challenges of redesigning packaging to meet both environmental and humanitarian needs.
• Ross Colbert, managing director of M&A Americas with UK-based Zenith International, has more than 25 years of beverage industry experience and has completed more than 60 transactions across numerous industry segments including soft drinks, bottled water, juice, beer, contract filling, equipment supply and packaging.
• Larry Hobbs is the executive director of the International Society of Beverage Technologists. He previously worked for Cargill Inc. in a number of capacities, and was responsible for securing the first approvals of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in beverage and food applications. Hobbs also has written and presented numerous papers on sweeteners in food and beverage applications.
• Claire Phoenix is the managing editor of Beverage Innovation magazine and a director of UK-based FoodBev Media. With a long career in consumer journalism, Phoenix is a respected beverage industry trend-spotter, and is a sought-after speaker at international events.
• Bill Sipper, chief operating officer of New Leaf Brands, was formerly with food and beverage consultancy Cascadia Consulting Group. Among the global food and beverage industry's bright stars, Sipper has held senior positions with Evian, Naked Juice, Nantucket Nectars and Fresh Samantha (Odwalla).
• InterBrand Executive Director Dyfed ‘Fred' Richards has leveraged the company's diverse creative talent in San Francisco, New York, Toronto and Cincinnati to generate fresh, strategic packaging design solutions for clients.
• James S. Tonkin, principal at HealthyBrandBuilders and TonkinConsulting, is often heralded as ‘the beverage guru' in the functional and nutraceutical beverage segment. A 35-year industry veteran, Tonkin has successfully promoted brand and marketing programs for many clients in the bottled water and functional food/beverage industries.
The InterBev Beverage Innovation Awards will include 20 distinct categories, from beverages, ingredients and packaging, to initiatives in sustainability, health and wellness, hydration and consumer marketing. The judging panel will review the submissions in Orlando, Fla., prior to InterBev. InterBev Beverage Innovation Awards winners and finalists will be announced at the InterBev Beverage Innovation Awards Dinner during InterBev 2010 on September 23.
The awards program is expected to attract hundreds of entries from companies large and small, and is open to products, campaigns and initiatives introduced or reintroduced to North American or Latin American markets no earlier than June 1, 2009. Entries will close on September 1, 2010. For more information on the InterBev Beverage Innovation Awards, or to download an entry form, please visit www.interbevawards.com. For more information on InterBev 2010, please visit www.interbev.com.
# # #
InterBev is the beverage industry's premier trade show sponsored by the American Beverage Association and the International Bottled Water Association. InterBev 2010 will take place at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla., September 22-24, 2010. InterBev 2010 will feature cutting-edge live events on the trade show floor, timely and relevant education sessions, the inaugural Beverage Innovation Awards and more. For more information, please visit www.interbev.com.
The American Beverage Association is the trade association representing the broad spectrum of companies that manufacture and distribute non-alcoholic beverages in the United States. For more information on ABA, please visit the association's Web site at www.ameribev.org or call the ABA communications team at (202) 463-6770.
The International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) is the authoritative source of information about all types of bottled waters. For more information on IBWA, please visit the association's Web site at www.bottledwater.org or call the IBWA offices at (703) 683-5213.
About FoodBev Media
FoodBev Media, based in the United Kingdom and formerly known as Zenith International Publishing, is a leading international food and drink publisher of magazines including: Beverage Innovation; Water Innovation; Dairy Innovation; Cooler Innovation; and Food & Beverage International; as well as the world's fastest growing food and beverage industry Web site - www.foodbev.com. FoodBev Media is also the leading organizer of international awards in the food and drink industries.